Click here to read some impact stories of how your donation changed the lives of young people.
Organisations/Projects Selected for 2017
- Approved Organisations/Projects are invited to apply for funding.
- Disbursement of StreetSmart funding happens annually.
- Funded Organisations/Projects are required to give a detailed report on expenditure.
Cape Town StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- Cape Town Multi Service Centre: R100,000.00 towards two aftercare teachers’ salaries, family reconstruction worker salary, transport costs and fares for home visits.
- Home from Home: Masiphumulele, Ocean View & Westlake: R100,000 towards a social worker salary and foster mother training.
- Learn to Live: R100,000.00 towards panel beating workshop skills training: a panel beating instructor salary; Materials & tools for the workshop and fares for the youth to attend.
- Ons Plek: R100,000.00 towards a social worker salary.
- T.L.C. R100,000.00 towards family reconstruction worker, and field worker salaries.
- School of Hope - Thembalitsha Foundation: R100,000.00 towards the school curriculum subject: computer application technology.
Franschhoek StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- The Kusasa Project: R100,000.00 towards social and community work manager, and auxiliary social worker salaries.
Stellenbosch StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- Home from Home: Kayamandi & Cloetesville: R80,000.00 towards a social worker salary, foster mother training, and therapeutic interventions for the children.
Swellendam StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- The Swellendam Bursary Fund: R30,000.00 towards further education of 8 students.
Johannesburg StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- Kids Haven: R100,000.00 towards the salary of the bridging school programme facilitator and learning resources.
Knysna StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- Sinethemba: R50,000.00 towards the salary of the auxiliary social worker.
Pretoria StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- PEN Streetwise Project: R50,000.00 towards a social worker salary.
Plettenberg Bay StreetSmart funds will go towards:
- Masizame Projects: R50,000.00 towards the salary of a reconstruction social auxiliary worker.
Feedback on how these funds were administered will be given by each organisation in Report format by 31 August 2017.