Once again, Cape Camino have partnered with StreetSmart SA and for this year's fundraiser, we'll walk the Way of the Kramat, along the icy Atlantic coastline.
WHEN: Sat, 24 & Sun, 25 November 2018
It is set over two days, with a special inclusion of two Sufi Camino guides. The route will showcase sacred spaces, neighbourhoods as well as StreetSmart restaurants and partners (ticket fees include a contribution to StreetSmart SA)
About the Experience:
The morning of Saturday 24 November we begin at 12 Apostles Hotel and Spa for a complimentary hot beverage and pastry.
We'll visit the first Kramat of Tuan Noorul Mobeen, up 100 steps. The care-taker, Maanie, will show us around and you're welcome to sit in silence for a while, no matter what your faith.
After visiting the second Kramat we'll walk through bustling Camps Bay and up the lush Glen greenbelt to Kloof Nek.
A pilgrim's lunch is included at Stacked Diner on Kloof Street and then we'll rest for the afternoon/evening at Cape Town Backpackers. Accommodation is sharing.
Sunday, 25 November will begin with a self-catering breakfast and then on to a Kramat near the wash houses. Thereafter we'll wind our way through the suburbs and onto Tafelberg road, along the slopes of Table Mountain and to Rhodes Memorial Restaurant for a final ending. Complimentary tea offered by Rhodes Memorial Restaurant
Moderate difficulty for both days. You dont have to be an athlete to participate. On average we'll be walking for about 4/5 hours and cover a distance of about 12km per day.
• Meet at Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa at 7:15am on 24 November 2018.
• Bring: a day pack, water bottle, snacks, sunblock, walking shoes and socks, swimming costume, a hat, wind sheeter, your personal belongings and some spending money.
• Maps and guides will help with navigation.
• Transport to and from Twelve Apostles is at your own expense.
R1 500 pp Standard ticket with shared accommodation (Available until 1 November)
R2 480 pp Private room
R950 day walkers (One or both days, does not include accommodation or breakfast)
~ Contribution to StreetSmart SA.
~ Contribution to Kramat of Tuan Noorul Mobeen.
~ Cape Camino 2 day guided walking experience.
~ Passport, maps, bag tag.
~ 1 night accommodation at Cape Town Backpackers/sharing or private.
~ Lunch at a StreetSmart restaurant.
~ Self-catering breakfast.
~ Certificate of completion.
• Pack light, you are carrying all your own goodies unless you order portage.
• Great walking shoes are essential, something warm, something cool, something rain proof.
• In line with the ethos of a pilgrimage, all accommodation and meals are modest, nourishing and support local industry.
• Keeping it simple and minimising distraction allows you to focus on yourself.
How to purchase a ticket
1. Via EFT
ACCOUNT HOLDER: Cape Camino
ACCOUNT NUMBER 62528582770
BANK NAME: FIRST NATIONAL BANK
BRANCH CODE: 210114
2. Quicket (to be launched soon)
We look forward to welcoming you on this journey!
Get in touch to book
Peggy +27 83 99 77 404 Gabrielle +27 84 844 7996